Little Scholars take on the Wipe Out Waste challenge by the GCCC
Wipe Out Waste (WOW) program is an interactive educational program focusing on reducing waste.
Lessons have been developed around five waste and environmental themes:
- Less is best which focuses on the waste hierarchy with practical activities to help students avoid, reduce, reuse and recycle.
- In the recycling loop examines how to recycle correctly, what happens to recycled materials and the importance of closing the recycling loop.
- Litter on the loose identifies litter as an item that causes significant damage in the local, national and international environments and encourages students to take responsibility for their own waste and become litter collectors.
- Organically speaking provides students with an understanding of organic waste disposal and the benefits of recycling this matter through composting and worm farming.
- Living in a greenhouse examines the greenhouse effect and how individuals and new technologies, such as using methane from the City’s landfills to make electricity, can reduce the production of greenhouse gases.
Check out --- www.greengc.com.au --- Council's Green GC website for more useful learning resources, fact sheets, competitions and much more