Little Scholars School of Early Learning Deception Bay
Welcome to Little Scholars Deception Bay. Our service has five oversized classrooms and caters for ages 0 - school age, we also offer Before and After school are and Vacation Care as well. Little Scholars School of Early Learning Deception Bay is a long day care centre open from 6.30 am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday, 52 weeks a year (excluding public holidays). We offer care and education to children aged 0 to five years, with an integrated and QLD government approved Kindergarten program. Little Scholars has incorporated a Reggio Emilia and Montessori inspired environment and learning play based program.
South East Queensland's Leading School of Early Learning
Little Scholars early learning centres believe in making a difference. Our family owned and operated boutique centres offer quality care at affordable rates, with skilled educators and premium facilities to meet the needs of every Little Scholare
121 Cross St, Deception Bay
P: 3204 9755
Hours: Monday-Friday 6.30am-6.30pm
Centre Manager Natalie Carey
Our First Priority Is The Growth And Development Of Your Child
Great attention has been given to the look and feel of our classrooms, often referred to as the ‘3rd teacher’. Little Scholars strives to provide an environment immersed in earthy, natural influences filled with beauty, varying textures, spaces and levels.
Little Scholars inspired environment and learning play based program will include
- hands on natural materials for the children to investigate, build, role-play and explore
- a large variety of beautiful children’s books which allows the children to explore and learn through reading
- access to mini art studios that will house clay, non-toxic paints, and changing art mediums as well as natural materials such as shells, seeds, bark, leaves and recycled materials.
- a warm and inviting space which will facilitate group activities, singing and yoga.
- Outside is a natural haven with large sandpit and quiet leafy areas. A focus will be on sustainable living introducing children to vegetable patches, edible plants, a chicken coop, dry creek beds, water tanks and solar panels.
At Little Scholars we understand what a major decision entrusting your child’s care to someone else is. We strive to become an extension of your family and provide your child with the support, security, confidence and love which is essential in their successful transition from home to Little Scholars. Educators are selected by their skill, qualification and experience in delivering quality programs for your child.
The educators will be seen as partners, nurturers and guides in your child’s learning. All educators will have current CPR, first aid certificates and Working with Children blue cards. Little Scholars management encourage and support educators in continually improving their knowledge and skills in early childhood development.
Little Scholars also offers many extra-curricular programs at the service including
- Conveniently open Monday to Friday from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm – 52 weeks of the year
- Free Courtesy Bus service - pick up/drop off to home, school or work included in your daily fee.
- Three course meals provided by on site chef and our menu is endorsed by Nutrition Australia
- Nappies provided and included in daily fee
- Weekly Music, Yoga and Sport lessons included
- Cooking classes and language lessons included each week
- Tertiary Qualified and caring early childhood educators
- A specialised, government approved Kindergarten program with a bachelor qualified teacher preparing children for school and beyond
- Hair Dressing service to save you the hassle of hair cuts
- State of the art IT equipment and resources
- Industry first Bush Kinder program focusing on getting outdoors and spending time in the natural environment.
- Dedicated Before and After School Care facilities separate to the Child Care with chill out zones, homework support and the latest IT technology equipment to entertain your children before and after school.
- Vacation Care (6—12 years) with exciting excursions and fun programs including cooking, gardening and social outing to theme parks, movies and more
What to expect!
At Little Scholars, we realise that your child’s first day at childcare can be a daunting experience – which is why our centre area has been designed to look homely and inviting.
Our Centre Manager will be there to greet you both, and to show your child to their classroom. You will be able to see what’s on the menu for the day by checking the blackboard, or large LED screen in the foyer and then you can check on your child’s progress throughout the day by accessing our very own Little Scholars App.
Little Scholars Early Learning Deception Bay facilities
Outdoor Play Area
Our curriculum has a strong emphasis on sustainability and have incorporated sustainable practices on a regular basis. Little Scholars provides many outdoor learning opportunities for children through working in our vegetable gardens and caring for our natural environments.
Along with the fun of getting dirty, gardening helps children learn valuable lessons about patience as they wait for vegetables to grow, responsibility as they see how necessary their care is to the garden, and even loss when flowers die at the end of a season. Working in the garden also has the added benefits of being a form of exercise, helps build a child’s senses and encourages children to work together and share.
To provide the all-important fuel that children need to have a fun day at Little Scholars, and as an added convenience to parents, nutritious and delicious meals including lunch, morning and afternoon tea will be served daily at Little Scholars. Menus will appear weekly so you will know in advance what your children will be consuming.
Menus will focus on the 5 food group pyramid and Australian Dietary Recommendations and Requirements and special dietary needs can be catered for.
Children will be given opportunities to help prepare nutritious food for their groups, and cooking will be an important part of the program.
Why Make the Move?