Looking for an easy snack to make with ingredients from home? Here is one of our delicious snack items from our Little Scholars menu. We had to share this recipe as it is super easy to make and you can add whatever toppings you want! You probably already have these ingredients in your kitchen!
WHAT DO I NEED
This recipe makes approximately six scones. You can double this recipe if you wish to freeze them for later or to feed more people!
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 100ml of milk
- 3 teaspoons of butter
HOW TO DO IT
- Step 1 – Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Step 2 – Combine butter and flour into a bowl. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Step 3 – Make a well in the centre and add the milk. Combine with your hands, kneading until the mixture forms into a soft dough.
- Step 4 – Remove from the bowl and knead softly until a ball of dough is formed.
- Step 5 – Roll with a rolling pin until the dough is approximately 2cm thick.
- Step 6 – Use a circle cookie cutter to cut out little circles in the dough.
- Step 7 – Dust a flat baking tray with flour and place scones 1cm apart on the tray.
- Step 8 – Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and fluffy!
Serve with your favourite toppings like Jam and Cream for an extra yummy treat!